2011 STI Semantic Summit
Every two years STI International will hold a Semantic Summit organized by the STI Fellows for the STI Board and selected Junior STI members. STI Semantic Summits will be intellectually, socially, and geographically stimulating and will address a small number of open scientific and domain or industry challenges of strategic importance to STI and to the Semantic Technology Community. They will be forward looking and will attempt to better understand the challenges and to set directions for STI Members, STI, and the Semantic Technology Community.
The 2011 STI Semantic Summit, our inaugural event, is limited to 50 invitation-only participants. It will take place over 3 days starting at noon July 6, 2011 and end at noon July 8, 2011 and will consist of highly interactive sessions that will engage all participants. With the exception of a small number of invited talks, sessions will be dominated by short presentations and animated discussions. The Summit will not be a conference or a presentation of research results.
The STI Executive Board and the STI Fellows have initially selected the following themes:
- Social Semantics
- Linked Data: What Next? Or Future the Semantic Web
- Processing Linked Data for Applications: Requirements and Scenarios
- Strategic Future of LOD: making it work
- Semantic Web and LOD applications
- Services and semantics on mobile platforms
- Linked data services and applications: E-Government, social networking, …
- Computation, storage, and management aspects
- Data management at scale: storage, search, inference, data integration, …
- Reasoning / Problem Solving over LOD
- Role of services and semantics in LOD applications
- Semantics in Cloud Computing
Detailed information can be found at http://www.sti2.org/events/2011-sti-semantic-summit.
Managing Data @ Web Scale I
Future of the Semantic Web
Linked Data in Domains
Managing Data @ Web Scale II
Making Linked Data Work I
Making Linked Data Work II
2011 STI Semantic Summit Closing
Reviews and comments:
This forum was very informative. Thank you for sharing it.
Write your own review or comment: