Report a problem or upload filesIf you have found a problem with this lecture or would like to send us extra material, articles, exercises, etc., please use our ticket system to describe your request and upload the data.
Enter your e-mail into the 'Cc' field, and we will keep you updated with your request's status.
The research work of our very interdisciplinary group is focused on the study of textile materials' surfaces, fiber finishing and modification and into innovative technological processes, as well as it is focused on ecological aspect of processes and wastewater treatment. Today, nanoscience and nanotechnology is the research priority and in the center of interest of scientists and engineers in the developed world, however nanomodification in textile science is relatively new, but a very promising and strongly developing field. Modification of textile surfaces at nano level is a very effective method for modification of textile materials’ properties and therefore it represents a chance for production of innovative, high functional and high performance textile materials with a high added value.
Textile materials can be modified by different methods, e.g.:
- introduction of specific functional groups,
- adsorption of specific molecules,
- addition of micro and nano particles,
In this way advanced textile materials with designed specific properties are obtained:
- protective against gases, liquids, heat, radiation, magnetic field,
- antimicrobial, bioactive, biocompatible, self-cleaning.
Application possibilities for these materials are huge:
- for military clothing, aeronautics, space technology,
- civil engineering,medicine
- industrial filters,
- conductive fibres,
- automotive industry, etc.
Our research group is also engaged with above mentioned new materials.
The activity is divided into 3 segments:
- Funcionalisation and analyses of fibreus materials
- Finishing and textile care
- Ecology of textile processes and waste waters
In the segment Funcionalisation and analyses we are focused on
- specific adsorption of functional natural polimers and we prepare biomedicine materials with antimicrobial, antiviral, antioxidative and bio-compatible properties
- micro and nano treatment (plasma, US, encimes), protection against EMF, harmful and unpleasant gases, reducion of combustibility, releasing of bioactive compounds, self-cleaning effect
- grafting of polifunctional and host-guest molecules
In the segment Finishing and textile care we are trying to optimize classical processes from the ecological point of view, we are developing interdisciplinary science of colour and we are investigating the influence of dyes and materials on UVA and UVB radiation. We are also developing camouflage materials.
Our group is also dealing with Ecology of textile processes and waste waters. The concern for the cleaner environment is one of important goals of EU Water and Texile Platform with the emphasis on the recycling of materials and water. Our group is dealing also with this aspect and at the moment we are leaders of textile sector inside the biggest EU project on water ecology, named AquaFit4Use. We have also 11 EU and 8 Slovene projects.
Link this pageWould you like to put a link to this lecture on your homepage?
Go ahead! Copy the HTML snippet !