Urban Agents & Citizen Apps, Towards an Autonomous Interactive Urban Planning Platform
published: Nov. 18, 2010, recorded: November 2010, views: 4190
Report a problem or upload filesIf you have found a problem with this lecture or would like to send us extra material, articles, exercises, etc., please use our ticket system to describe your request and upload the data.
Enter your e-mail into the 'Cc' field, and we will keep you updated with your request's status.
Fabio Carrera (MIT Ph.D.) will present some real-world applications that begin to demonstrate how it is now becoming practical to “fill the City Knowledge pipeline” from data collection, to information visualization, to modeling and interactive participation in urban planning decisions. What is emerging is the potential for an Autonomous Interactive Urban Planning Platform that:
- - leverages mobile applications for straight-to-the-cloud citizensourcing of urban phenomena
- - harvests sensor networks for real-time information
- - captures information as it flows through municipal administrative processes
- - visualizes information in multiple dimensions
- - models synthetic populations and their behaviors
- - provides instant feedback about the urban and environmental impacts in planning scenarios
- - allows tangible interaction in participatory planning contexts
Link this pageWould you like to put a link to this lecture on your homepage?
Go ahead! Copy the HTML snippet !