Industrial Needs for Multilingual Information Access and Available Resources
published: March 26, 2011, recorded: December 2009, views: 2698
Report a problem or upload filesIf you have found a problem with this lecture or would like to send us extra material, articles, exercises, etc., please use our ticket system to describe your request and upload the data.
Enter your e-mail into the 'Cc' field, and we will keep you updated with your request's status.
Grefenstette introduced Exalead as a global software provider in the enterprise and Web search markets, which tries to integrate research functions in one piece of software, combining Internet, desktop and enterprise functionality. The firm’s technology makes it possible to integrate structured and unstructured content in a unique way to address critical applications in areas such as extended business intelligence, customer support, compliance, and many others. Exalead attempts to add value to search results by displaying statistics and information about the results along the left-hand side of the page. This includes categorical and geographical information. Exalead's features include:
- Proximity search supporting the NEAR operator
- Nested search expressions
- Autocompletion searches
- Faceted search:
- by geographic location
- by language (54 languages recognized
- by file type
- by DMOZ categories
- Related terms suggestions
- Phonetic search is also available, which can be used when the orthography is not known
- Search within results
- Audio, video and RSS search
- Search in Wikipedia Grefenstette also addresses some of the reasons why applications do not use research results, i.e. llicensing, API, maintenance.
Link this pageWould you like to put a link to this lecture on your homepage?
Go ahead! Copy the HTML snippet !