Cooking Assistance Mashup with Biologeek
published: July 8, 2013, recorded: May 2013, views: 2569
Report a problem or upload filesIf you have found a problem with this lecture or would like to send us extra material, articles, exercises, etc., please use our ticket system to describe your request and upload the data.
Enter your e-mail into the 'Cc' field, and we will keep you updated with your request's status.
The cooking assistance mashup helps end-users to easily sequence useful tasks around recipes. It aggregates different technologies like textual translation, unit conversion, communication facilities and intelligent text processing for multimedia content. Flexibility and ease of use is obtained thanks to our graphical mashup technology called Biologeek. Biologeek uses knowledge management and context-aware service customization to allow end-users to intuitively create mashups without the need of being highly technically skilled.
To test the mashup, you should use Firefox exclusively.
- Go to http://biologeek.orange-labs.fr/communication/index_uk.html.
- Click to “Install Biologeek”. This will just assist you on installing the Biologeek bookmarklet in your browser bookmarks,
- Opens the http://www.cuisine-libre.fr/ website, then access the page with one of the three suggested recipes of the day.
- Click on the Biologgek bookmarklet installed previous step. This will ask for credentials: use demo/demo2013. This will then open a panel on the top of the page.
- Click on “Cooking Assistant”, then on “Demarrer”. This may take several seconds, maybe 10 seconds … don't click again on “Demarrer” just wait. You will in principle see the status of execution (green means executed, blinking means waiting).
- When the SMS input dialog appears, select “Mariano” for the SMS sending destination. You will not receive the actual SMS but you will be able to see the prepared message.
- Inspect final and intermediate results of the executed mashup by clicking on “voir” links.
Notice: The recommendations produced for one recipe are visible by clicking the “voir” link of the first output (the recipe). Then click the 'suggestions' link in the top of the page.
Download slides: eswc2013_belaunde_biologeek_01.pdf (598.9 KB)
Link this pageWould you like to put a link to this lecture on your homepage?
Go ahead! Copy the HTML snippet !
Write your own review or comment: