AI Mashup Challenge 2013
The AI mashup challenge accepts and awards mashups that use AI technology, including but not restricted to machine learning and data mining, machine vision, natural language processing, reasoning, ontologies in the context of the semantic web. Imagine for example:
- Information extraction or automatic text summarization to create a task-oriented overview mashup for mobile devices
- Semantic Web technology and data sources adapting to user and task-specific configurations
- Semantic background knowledge (such as ontologies, WordNet, Freebase or Cyc) to improve search and content combination
- Machine translation for mashups that cross-language borders
- Machine vision technology for novel ways of aggregating images, for instance mixing real and virtual environments
- Intelligent agents taking over simple household planning tasks
- Text-to-speech technology creating speech mashups with intelligent and emotional intonation
- Speech-to-text technology for interactive speech mashups and multimodal services
- The display of Pub Med articles on a map based on geographic entity detection referring to diseases or health centers
- The integration of enterprise data - see Open Mashup Alliance.
The emphasis is not on providing and consuming semantic markup, but rather on using intelligence to mashup these resources in a more powerful way. For more ideas have a look at AI Mashup Challenge 2013 website.