Lecture 7. Agent Oriented Software Engineering
published: Feb. 28, 2018, recorded: February 2018, views: 640
Report a problem or upload filesIf you have found a problem with this lecture or would like to send us extra material, articles, exercises, etc., please use our ticket system to describe your request and upload the data.
Enter your e-mail into the 'Cc' field, and we will keep you updated with your request's status.
The main goal of the course is to give students knowledge about basic methods and techniques of Distributed AI and agent technology which, in particular, can be applied to:
- solving problems with decentralized control.
- providing solutions to inherently distributed problems.
- providing solutions to problems where expertise is distributed.
Students should learn from the course:
1. What an agent and multi-agent system are. This means that students should get a good understanding of intelligent agent properties and how agents are distinct from other software paradigms.
2. Have a good overview of important agent subjects:
- Agent Coordination, Agent Negotiation, and Agent Communication. This means that students should learn basic principles, protocols and languages related to these agent issues.
- Agent-Oriented Software Engineering. This means that students shoul learn methodologies related to developing agent-based systems and be able to apply them in biulding agent-based systems.
- Micro (intra-Agent) and Macro (agent systems) agent architectures. This means that students should learn princilples of building architesctures for agents and multi-agent systems.
- Agent Intelligence Mechanisms. This means that students should learn foundations of agent theory and get understanding of BDI-architecture.
3. Get valuable hands-on experience in developing agent systems. This means that students should be apble to apply knowledge obtained during the course to design and implementation of an agent-based system.
4. Understand ethical aspects and importance of sustainability in developing autonomous systems.
5. Get experience in reporting and discussing results of the course homework and project both in oral and written forms.
The course also includes a seminar as a part of the Software Engineering of Distributed Systems master program. The intention of the seminar is to put the course into the context of the autonomous systems research in general and into the context of the master program in particular.
Link this pageWould you like to put a link to this lecture on your homepage?
Go ahead! Copy the HTML snippet !