published: Aug. 25, 2007, recorded: August 2007, views: 95004
Report a problem or upload filesIf you have found a problem with this lecture or would like to send us extra material, articles, exercises, etc., please use our ticket system to describe your request and upload the data.
Enter your e-mail into the 'Cc' field, and we will keep you updated with your request's status.
Watch videos: (click on thumbnail to launch)
An introduction to directed and undirected probabilistic graphical models, including inference (belief propagation and the junction tree algorithm), parameter learning and structure learning, variational approximations, and approximate inference.
- Introduction to graphical models: (directed, undirected and factor graphs; conditional independence; d-separation; plate notation)
- Inference and propagation algorithms: (belief propagation; factor graph propagation; forward-backward and Kalman smoothing; the junction tree algorithm)
- Learning parameters and structure: maximum likelihood and Bayesian parameter learning for complete and incomplete data; EM; Dirichlet distributions; score-based structure learning; Bayesian structural EM; brief comments on causality and on learning undirected models)
- Approximate Inference: (Laplace approximation; BIC; variational Bayesian EM; variational message passing; VB for model selection)
- Bayesian information retrieval using sets of items: (Bayesian Sets; Applications)
- Foundations of Bayesian inference: (Cox Theorem; Dutch Book Theorem; Asymptotic consensus and certainty; choosing priors; limitations)
Download slides: ghahramani_zoubin_lecture1.pdf (219.5 KB)
Link this pageWould you like to put a link to this lecture on your homepage?
Go ahead! Copy the HTML snippet !
Reviews and comments:
Will there be a version in Window Media Format?
Part 2 (file suffix 01) ends at about 32% (wmv). Do others have the same problem?
I have checked all the parameters and asked students from CMU if they have troubles with this video, but they dont seem to have this problem. Have you checked your players settings?
Will the other parts of the tutorials be available soon?
zhoubin's talk is very nice! But the third part about learning the parameters and structures of directed graphical model is missing! Can this part of talk be available?
I am specifically looking for the part on learning the parameters and structures... Unfortunately this seems to be missing :(. Please let me know where I can find it!
Great talk! I find it very useful.
i was wondering where the first part of lecture 3 is?, could you please upload that,..Thanks,
Great comprehensive lecture.
Many thanks to prof. Ghahramani.
Hello everyone, we have added a new version of part 3 and 4 so enjoy them.
I'm can not to download video.
please help me ( please mail az link on download)
WMV version of part 2 stops around 30% into the lecture.
The flash version of lec 2 stops after about 9 minutes
The third and forth lectures have problems in the middle.
I was proceeding along with the lectures sequence but the problem stopped me in the most challenging and informative part (learning the models)!
Can you please fix it.
Would you please to fix the lecture 3 problem. It stops just after 44 minutes. I really would appreciate if you could help us. Thanks.
I think you can solve the problem by launching a WMP instead of instead of using flash player
In slide 15 (@45:06 min), example 3 says the path is blocked by D. Doesn't he mean B?
Player (flash) blocks at 44:07. Any idea how to fix that?
I find the same problem that I cannot watch whole part2 and the video stopped at 89%.
I cannot watch videos 1 and 4. An error messages popps up saying: "AJAX error: parsererror". Please fix it.
They haven't still fixed the problem with the flash version of the lecture number 3. It seems that there is nobody to read these comments!!!!
Part 2 ends at about 18:41, please fix it, thanks.
Hi, Part 3 pas a problem in the middle. Could you please fix it.
Write your own review or comment: