Event: Course on Information Theory, Pattern Recognition, and Neural Networks Course on Information Theory, Pattern Recognition, and Neural Networks

View order

Type of content







...Search a Keyword

event header image

Course on Information Theory, Pattern Recognition, and Neural Networks

produced by: David MacKay (University of Cambridge)
author: David MacKay, University of Cambridge

A series of sixteen lectures covering the core of the book "Information Theory, Inference, and Learning Algorithms (Cambridge University Press, 2003)" which can be bought at Amazon, and is available free online. A subset of these lectures used to constitute a Part III Physics course at the University of Cambridge. The high-resolution videos and all other course material can be downloaded from the Cambridge course website.


Reviews and comments:

Comment1 Emily, January 20, 2013 at 11:09 p.m.:

Thank you so much for making this free! I loved the book and the video lectures and I deeply appreciate the work that went into them.

Comment2 Igor Vieira, April 9, 2015 at 3:37 p.m.:

Thank you so much: really important and good material as well... And for free!! :-)

Comment3 Jon, May 1, 2015 at 3:22 p.m.:

Really fantastic resource that I found highly valuable. Thanks for sharing!

Comment4 Qi Wang, January 9, 2016 at 5:51 a.m.:

Thank you for good course. But would you like supply subtitle? I'm not a English-speaking.

Comment5 FAU Student, February 9, 2016 at 2:45 p.m.:

I hope your colleague Ralf Müller behaves well on the exam today.

Comment6 Nahuel, July 18, 2016 at 10:35 p.m.:

Seriously, thank you very much

Comment7 FAU Student, January 8, 2017 at 12:18 p.m.:

Thank you so much professor. This will be really helpful for my exams (held by your colleague Prof.Ralf Muller) :)

Comment8 Zhao, February 16, 2017 at 11:54 a.m.:

Thank you for the very excellent course! Learned a lot from Professor Mackay! It'll be nicer if some subtitle is supplied :)

Comment9 Ali Hummos, May 28, 2018 at 4:32 a.m.:

Even if posthumously, I thank you professor McKay for this valuable resource. RIP.

Comment10 Ayush Thada, December 17, 2018 at 7:58 p.m.:

This is a great lecture series and it has improved my understanding of Information theory. Thank you, sir, for making quality educational content accessible for students like me.

Comment11 remix, April 29, 2019 at 10:10 a.m.:

I like this article because here more things available for us
https://rememberpasswordsinmicrosofte... and here i want to get more benefit for the enjoy.

Comment12 Anny, July 8, 2019 at 3:38 p.m.:

I teach social anthropology. I am constantly engaged in researching the principles of obtaining and using power in different societies, the economic behavior of people, I identify factors that affect the economy, but not taken into account by economics. But I would like to write all this in my research papers. I am very interested to read your articles since I find practical advice for myself.
I already know that the most important and first exercise for a writer is writing an essay.
But I would like to earn in my writing. So that students could buy various research papers from me https://answershark.com/anthropology....
Writing is hard work. I still need a lot of time to learn.

Comment13 Brown, September 15, 2019 at 8:06 p.m.:

Cambridge university offers the students a great for recovering the course materials.They may make their assignment from taking help from this site https://australianwritings.com.au/ for taking well preparation for the examination.All the links are useful for the students who missed the real class.

Comment14 Angelina Pottie, October 11, 2019 at 5:09 p.m.:

Really cool article

Comment15 Russo, January 21, 2020 at 6:05 a.m.:

Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information... https://www.fjgaragedoorrepair.com/

Comment16 EarthTechy, May 23, 2020 at 12:49 p.m.:

Free Hollywood Movies Download in HD – Top 10 Websites

Comment17 chrisgail, June 1, 2020 at 6:13 a.m.:

Cambridge University is one of the best Universities in the work. I like to watch here video lecture as the expert writers of https://www.affordable-dissertation.c...
provide writing skills to the students by video link.

Comment18 Columbus Concrete Installation, June 22, 2020 at 5:28 p.m.:

Great information, thank you for sharing it!

-Tony, owner of http://www.columbusconcreteinstallati... and http://www.landscapeservicepasadena.com

Comment19 FIle Group, October 30, 2020 at 5:24 p.m.:

We commend you for all the things you have discussed.


Comment20 Cincinnati SEO, October 30, 2020 at 5:26 p.m.:

I think we can make use of some info here.


Comment21 Paul Casey, January 13, 2021 at 3:48 a.m.:

Great post! We'll be sharing this with our buddies studying AI in Orlando, FL.

Thanks! - Paul, owner of http://www.orlandocardetail.com

Comment22 Bernice Leanard, January 13, 2021 at 11:31 a.m.:

More blogs like this please.

Comment23 Rafael Sant'Anna, January 18, 2021 at 4:47 p.m.:

Great blog!
Thanks, Rafael @ https://simplyphotoboothsca.com

Comment24 Ismael Madara, January 23, 2021 at 10:28 a.m.:

Looking for fresh buyers? Receive hundreds of keyword targeted visitors directly to your site. Boost revenues super fast. Start seeing results in as quick as a few hours. To get details Check out: http://bit.ly/your-niche-traffic

Comment25 Lindsey, February 20, 2021 at 8:30 a.m.:

Your content is great. Very impressive. Keep posting for us. https://thebestcbdcreams.com/cbd-crea...

Comment26 Tracey, May 29, 2021 at 12:07 p.m.:

Great post as always!

Comment27 Gally, June 26, 2021 at 4:07 a.m.:

Amazing lecture as usual! www.houseflipfunding.com/

Comment28 Alma, July 9, 2021 at 8:25 a.m.:

Thank you! www.socleansyracuse.com/

Comment29 Rita, July 17, 2021 at 8:31 a.m.:

Enjoyed all the lectures! https://www.onlinemarketingshark.com/

Comment30 Marie, July 22, 2021 at 9:20 p.m.:

Awesome videos are on this site. Great work! https://www.ftlauderdaleweddingplanne...

Comment31 Liam, August 2, 2021 at 4:08 p.m.:

Thanks for this great article you shared. https://www.pembrokepineskitchens.com

Comment32 Justine, August 30, 2021 at 2:14 p.m.:

Great post you shared. https://www.kitchensofstamford.com

Comment33 videopro142, September 21, 2021 at 9:10 p.m.:

So for lecture 1 the beginning you state the basic principles of communications.
Ex: noise->air->ear.

Then for "Binary symmetric channel" that 0 has a 90% chance becoming 0 while 10% for 1. And vice versa.

I need to review more tonight...

Thank you for providing my education for the day!

Please check our site as well: <a href="https://www.memfilms.com/">https://www.memfilms.com/</a>

Comment34 Sean, September 27, 2021 at 4:43 p.m.:

Glad to check this great site. https://www.desmoinesfencecompanypros...

Comment35 holistic medicine, October 4, 2021 at 3:15 a.m.:

If you set out to make me think today; mission accomplished!

Comment36 holistic medicine, October 4, 2021 at 3:17 a.m.:

If you set out to make me think today; mission accomplished! https://www.pioneerhealthcenter.com/

Comment37 Riel, October 30, 2021 at 1:25 p.m.:

Great videos always!

Comment38 Val, November 3, 2021 at 3:20 p.m.:

This man's videos are always so thought provoking. Thanks for sharing your amazing lectures! https://www.peterboroughdrywall.com/

Comment39 Maman, November 5, 2021 at 1:11 p.m.:

Amazing lectures!

Comment40 Kian, November 8, 2021 at 3:01 p.m.:

Great post! Thanks for the share. https://www.landsurveyinghialeah.com

Comment41 Irina, November 27, 2021 at 9:08 a.m.:

Enjoyed all the videos!

Comment42 Cathy, November 29, 2021 at 2:42 p.m.:

Glad to check this awesome information. https://www.greenwoodsepticservice.com

Comment43 Joe Schmoe, December 13, 2021 at 7:28 a.m.:

Great comment. <a href="www.google.com">google</a> http://www.google.com

Comment44 James Scott, December 13, 2021 at 12:58 p.m.:

Thanks for this great article you shared. https://www.epoxyfloorslexington.com/

Comment45 Concrete Modesto, December 21, 2021 at 3:40 a.m.:

Thanks for a great lecture.

Write your own review or comment:

make sure you have javascript enabled or clear this field: