Dr. Jans Aasman, Franz's President and CEO, a longtime customer, joined Franz from TNO Telecom based in The Netherlands. His previous experience and educational background include:
- KPN Research, the research lab of the major Dutch telecommunication company.
- Tenured Professor in Industrial Design at the Technical University of Delft. Title of the chair: Informational Ergonomics of Telematics and Intelligent Products.
- Carnegie Mellon University. Visiting Scientist at the Computer Science Department of Prof. Dr. Alan Newell.
- Researcher at the Traffic Research Center of the University of Groningen (The Netherlands).
- Experimental and cognitive psychology at the University of Groningen, specialization: Psychophysiology, Cognitive Psychology.
- Bachelors title Philosophy.
Using Social Network Analysis, Geotemporal Reasoning and RDFS++ Reasoning for Business Intelligence
as author at 6th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC), Busan 2007 ,