Electronic lexicography in the 21st century: new applications for new users (eLex2011)
The second conference on electronic lexicography (eLex 2011) was organised by Trojina, Institute for Applied Slovene Studies, and took place between 10-12 November 2011 in Bled, Slovenia. The aim of the conference was to bring together people from academia and industry that develop or research electronic dictionaries and other lexicographic products.
The topics discussed included:
- Usage practices of the users of electronic dictionaries
- Automated customisation of dictionaries to users' needs and characteristics
- Dictionary writing systems and other software available to the lexicographer
- New approaches to dictionary writing
- New reference tools with a dictionary element (e.g. learning tools, writing assistants)
- Dictionary content in new media (tablets, mobile devices, etc.)
- Exploitation of language resources: monolingual and multilingual corpora, learner corpora, lexical databases
- Integration of NLP tools (grammatical annotation, speech synthesis, etc.)
- Integration of electronic dictionaries into language learning and teaching (CALL, translator training, etc.)
More information is available here.